Monday, January 17, 2011

Dopplegangers

I have been told, a number of times, by a variety of people, that I resemble a princess. Flattering, right? Unfortunately, these "compliments" are referencing an animated princess. MORE unfortunately, they are referencing an animated ogre princess. Yes, my doppleganger is Princess Fiona, of Shrek fame.

If I had to choose an animated "princess" to be my doppleganger, I would choose Belle from Beauty and the Beast. She's pretty with that girl-next-door-je-ne-sais-quoi. With her nose stuck in a book! Like me and my nook! "Little town...it's a quiet village. Everyday, like the one before! Little town, full of little people. Waking up to say bonjour. BONJOUR! bonjour bonjour bonjour BONJOUR!"

But I digress. At first, when I was told of the striking resemblence between me and the...ahem, oversized green cartoon character, I was a little offended. But...I get it. Dammit, I do kinda look like that bitch.


bitch


slightly more attractive bitch

Our eyes are the same color. Chubby cheeks. Lips are the same (seductively supple) shape. I even had red hair in the past.

I've made peace with my doppleganger, and I will not be offended if you point it out to me. Especially now that I have realized that we have two Shrek characters in this household. Fame and fortune shall come our way, I am sure! Observe:


puss in boots


child in socks

Amirite? I mean, how could you say no to that face? How? Good thing for Finn he looks like the cutest of them ALL. 

Well now we obviously need the Shrek Trifecta, or my life will not be complete. Shrek needs to grow a beard. Or...have a beard...drawn on his face. However that happens. I have never seen my husband as a clean-shaven ogre, and that just will not do. Until then, he will have to feel left out. I think he already knows who the most attractive people are around here, anyway.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the win? People tell me I look like, "the blond girl on the Goonies. No, no, not the hot one, the other one..." who, in case you didn't know, is Martha Plimpton. Sadly, I can see a sight resemblance. It is the "not the hot one" portion of this that disappoints, and yes this exact quote has come from more than one person, years apart.

    FWIW, I think that Fiona is awesome. She didn't have to change to fall in love, and you gotta admit, the junk in the trunk wins every time over nitwits in tiaras... just me?

    p.s. kid in socks = priceless
    *Devon

    ReplyDelete